Love. You can learn all the math in the ‘verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don’t love, she’ll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she’s hurtin’ ‘fore she keens. Makes her a home.
Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity
Firefly - Book suits up
- Zoe: Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killin'?
- Book: Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.
Firefly - Looking forward to being crazy
- Zoe: We're gonna stay awhile on Persephone.
- Wash: Shiny.
- Zoe: Yeah? Thought you get land-crazy, that long in port?
- Wash: Probably. But I've been sane a long while now and change is good.
Firefly - Tracey's Last Words
- Mal: Well, you know the old saying.
- Tracey: 'When you can't run, you crawl... and when you can't crawl, when you can’t do that—'
- Zoe: 'You find someone to carry you.'